Disabled American Veterans in Tuscaloosa Alabama

Address and phone number for Disabled American Veterans, a Veterans Affairs Department, at 65th Street, Tuscaloosa AL.

Disabled American Veterans
448 65th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35405

About the Disabled American Veterans

The Disabled American Veterans, located in Tuscaloosa, AL, provides support for veterans of the US Armed Forces. Veteran Services connects veterans with several government agencies and nonprofit organizations at the federal, Alabama state, and Tuscaloosa level. These services include veteran benefits assistance, services for veterans with disabilities, and information about medical care, insurance, and education benefits. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) also provides veteran services in Tuscaloosa.

You may contact Veterans Services for questions about:
  • Applying for military and veterans' benefits
  • Veterans Affairs Offices and Vet Centers
  • Tuscaloosa County VA Hospitals and health benefits
  • VA Burial services
  • Tuscaloosa County VFW and AMVETS posts
Applying for Veterans' Benefits

Veterans in Tuscaloosa can contact Disabled American Veterans for information about applying for veterans' benefits, including healthcare benefits, educational benefits, or health insurance. The office can answer questions about eligibility for benefits, including which benefits apply to the spouses and children of veterans. Veterans Services also helps veterans connect with other offices and organizations that provide veterans' benefits.

Tuscaloosa VA Benefits

The VA in Tuscaloosa offers benefits such as medical care, burial services, and disability compensation. The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) provides additional benefits, such as the Montgomery GI Bill, vocational benefits, life insurance, and pension services. The VBA also manages the disability compensation program for Tuscaloosa veterans with service-related disabilities. Veterans can contact the Disabled American Veterans for information about additional benefits, including the Tuscaloosa County home loan program, veteran housing programs in Tuscaloosa, and life insurance for veterans and their dependents.

VA Vet Centers

In Tuscaloosa County, the VA operates Vet Centers that offer services to veterans. These include employment assistance, VA benefit support, and counseling services. In addition to veterans, current service members, military spouses, and children qualify for Vet Center services, such as readjustment counseling, military sexual trauma counseling, and bereavement counseling. Veterans in Tuscaloosa can contact a VA Vet Center to learn more about these services.

Alabama Veterans Health Administration Services

The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) offers multiple programs in Alabama, including medical services and healthcare. In Tuscaloosa County, the VA runs medical centers, outpatient clinics, and nursing home services. The VHA also offers assistance programs for homeless vets and veterans with disabilities. In addition, the VA manages the National Cemetery Administration, which provides burial services and assistance for veterans and their family members, including at national cemeteries.

Tuscaloosa VFW & AMVET Posts

Veterans can also contact Disabled American Veterans to connect with private organizations that offer Veteran Services in Tuscaloosa. For example, the Tuscaloosa Veterans of Foreign Wars Posts (VFW) helps veterans access VA services, provides grants to support veterans, and promotes policies to help veterans. The Tuscaloosa County AMVETS Posts, or American Veterans, also offers services for veterans of the US Armed Forces.

Contact the Disabled American Veterans

You may contact the Disabled American Veterans by calling 205-247-4862, or by addressing inquiries to the office mailing address: Disabled American Veterans, 448 65th Street, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35405.

Map of Disabled American Veterans in Tuscaloosa Alabama

Veterans Affairs Departments Nearby