Desert Center Public Works

Find Desert Center California departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Calipatria Public Works 525 South Sorensen Avenue Calipatria CA 92233 43.5 miles from Desert Center 760-348-4145

Blythe Public Works 440 South Main Street Blythe CA 92225 45.1 miles from Desert Center 760-922-6611

Imperial County Public Works 2256 Cleveland Avenue Thermal CA 92274 46.6 miles from Desert Center 760-394-4503

Twentynine Palms Public Works 6994 Bullion Avenue Twentynine Palms CA 92277 48.1 miles from Desert Center 760-367-7623

San Bernardino County Public Works 73663 Manana Drive Twentynine Palms CA 92277 48.8 miles from Desert Center 760-367-9504

Brawley Public Works 180 South Western Avenue Brawley CA 92227 53.5 miles from Desert Center 760-344-5800

La Quinta Public Works 78495 Calle Tampico La Quinta CA 92253 53.6 miles from Desert Center 760-777-7075

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.