Decatur County Commissioner in Oberlin Kansas

Address and phone number for Decatur County Commissioner, a Commissioner, at East Hall Street, Oberlin KS.

Decatur County Commissioner
120 East Hall Street, Oberlin, Kansas, 67749
Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM

Map of Decatur County Commissioner in Oberlin Kansas

Get Directions to Decatur County Commissioner

Commissioners Nearby

Rawlins County Commissioner
Red Willow County Commissioner
Thomas County Commissioner

Related Resources

About the Decatur County Commissioner

The Decatur County Commissioner, located in Oberlin, KS, makes policy for Oberlin, including setting long-term goals and evaluating their outcomes. They adopt Oberlin budgets, approve taxation and financial decisions, adopt ordinances, and make land use decisions. Commissioners play multiple roles in Oberlin and Decatur County government, often working with Commissioners on the Kansas level to accomplish goals.

You may contact the Commissioner's Office for questions about:
  • Oberlin public records
  • Local government budgets and taxes
  • Oberlin Board of Commissioners information
  • Government Offices and Departments
  • Oberlin jobs and employment
Oberlin Public Records

The Commissioner's Office maintains public records in Oberlin. These include property-related public records, such as property assessments, property tax rates, and property tax filings. They may also provide records on land use, zoning ordinances, and regulation. Oberlin real estate records provide information on property owners, with the ability to search by name, address, or parcel ID.

Budget and Tax Information

As part of its responsibilities, the Decatur County Commissioner keeps budget and tax documents in Oberlin. These records, including annual reports on Oberlin budgets and taxes, are available to the public. Contact the Commissioner's Office for more information on these records.

Oberlin Department Heads

In addition to overseeing financial and policy decisions, Commissioners also oversee specific departments or functions. In Kansas state, for example, Commissioners report to the governor, including that Kansas Commissioner of Revenue and the Kansas Commissioner of Transportation. At the Oberlin level, commissioners manage departments and serve in both elected and appointed roles. The Commissioner's Office can provide information on contacting a local or state Commissioner in Kansas.

Local Government Management

In Decatur County, the Office of the Commissioners takes on some executive functions. Commissioners play a role in local government management, serving as executives and administrators within the government.

Board of Commissioners

The Oberlin Board of Commissioners includes those on elected boards and those appointed by the Oberlin council or mayor. The Board of Commissioners may include Zoning Commissioners, Housing Commissioners, and Parks Commissioners. For information about the Board of Commissioners, contact the Decatur County Commissioner.

Contact the Decatur County Commissioner

You may contact the Decatur County Commissioner by calling 785-475-8101, or by addressing inquiries to the office mailing address: Decatur County Commissioner, 120 East Hall Street, Oberlin, Kansas, 67749.