11944 Court

Find 11944 courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Tolland Judicial District Court 69 Brooklyn Street Vernon CT 06066 52.8 miles from 11944 860-896-4920

Rockville Superior Court 20 Park Street Vernon CT 06066 52.9 miles from 11944 860-870-3200

Brightwaters Village Court 40 Seneca Drive Brightwaters NY 11718 53.6 miles from 11944 631-665-1281

Ocean Beach Village Court 1 Bay Walk Ocean Beach NY 11770 54.2 miles from 11944 631-583-0104

David Letterman Traffic Court 13 Belden Avenue Norwalk CT 06850 54.4 miles from 11944 999-346-3238

Norwalk Superior Court 17 Belden Avenue Norwalk CT 06850 54.4 miles from 11944 203-846-3237

Danielson Superior Court 120 School Street Killingly CT 06239 54.6 miles from 11944 860-779-8480

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.