04983 Court

Find 04983 courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Farmington District Court 129 Main Street Farmington ME 04938 23.8 miles from 04983 207-778-8200

Franklin County Superior Court 140 Route 46 Farmington ME 04938 28.4 miles from 04983 207-778-3346

Rumford District Court 145 Congress Street Rumford ME 04276 31.2 miles from 04983 207-364-7171

Skowhegan District Court 47 Court Street Skowhegan ME 04976 35.0 miles from 04983 207-474-9518

Somerset County Superior Court 41 Court Street Skowhegan ME 04976 35.0 miles from 04983 207-474-5161

Waterville District Court 18 Colby Street Waterville ME 04901 46.5 miles from 04983 207-873-2103

Oxford County Superior Court 26 Western Avenue Paris ME 04281 52.9 miles from 04983 207-743-8936

South Paris District Court 26 Western Avenue Paris ME 04281 52.9 miles from 04983 207-743-8942

Berlin District Court 220 Main Street Berlin NH 03570 53.1 miles from 04983

Kennebec County Superior Court 95 State Street Augusta ME 04330 54.3 miles from 04983 207-624-5800

Newport District Court 12 Water Street Newport ME 04953 54.4 miles from 04983 207-368-5778

Augusta District Court 145 State Street Augusta ME 04330 54.5 miles from 04983 207-287-8075

Colebrook District Court 17 Bridge Street Colebrook NH 03576 55.7 miles from 04983 603-237-4229

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.