01338 Court

Find 01338 courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Columbia County Court 401 Union Street Hudson NY 12534 54.0 miles from 01338 518-828-7858

Leominster District Court 25 School Street Leominster MA 01453 54.2 miles from 01338 978-537-3722

Athens Town Court 2 1st Street Athens NY 12015 54.7 miles from 01338 518-945-3360

Athens Village Court 2 1st Street Athens NY 12015 54.7 miles from 01338 518-945-3002

North East Town Court 19 North Maple Avenue Millerton NY 12546 55.1 miles from 01338 518-789-3080

New Scotland Town Court 2029 New Scotland Road Slingerlands NY 12159 55.3 miles from 01338 518-475-0493

Taghkanic Town Court 909 Route 82 Ancram NY 12502 55.3 miles from 01338 518-851-7638

Ancram Town Court 1416 County Route 7 Ancram NY 12502 55.4 miles from 01338 518-329-6512

Millerton Village Court Simmons St & Maple Ave Millerton NY 12546 55.4 miles from 01338 518-789-3080

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.