18950 Consumer Affairs Department

Find 18950 consumer affairs departments. Consumer affairs departments provide information on consumer protection, fraud complaints, debt reporting agencies, and consumer rights advocates.

Delaware County Consumer Affairs Department 201 West Front Street Media PA 19063 40.0 miles from 18950 610-891-4865

Union Township Consumer Affairs Department 1976 Morris Avenue Union NJ 07083 45.7 miles from 18950 908-851-5477

Passaic County Consumer Affairs Department 1310 New Jersey 23 Wayne NJ 07470 54.0 miles from 18950 973-305-5881

Wilmington Consumer Affairs Department 820 North French Street Wilmington DE 19801 54.5 miles from 18950 302-577-8600

Consumer Affairs Departments Near Me

Consumer Affairs Departments by County

About Consumer Affairs Departments

Can the Consumer Affairs Department help me with robo-calls from telemarketers?

Yes, you can contact your state Consumer Affairs Department or the Federal Trade Commission. They can provide information about the Do Not Call Registry and important tips to protect you from fraud.

Can the Consumer Affairs Department advise me on my rights when purchasing a vehicle?

Your state Consumer Affairs Department can provide information regarding your state's lemon laws. The office may also have advice on auto financing and return policies.

Can the Consumer Affairs Department tell me if a contractor is reliable and competent?

The Consumer Affairs Department cannot tell you if the contractor is reliable but it can inform you whether any complaints have been submitted against the contractor. If there are complaints against the contractor, the office can tell you how the complaint was resolved.

Why are state Consumer Affairs Departments necessary if there is a federal Bureau of Consumer Protection?

Many of the consumer protection acts passed by the states are more expansive than federal consumer laws and provide more protection. Also, state agencies fill in gaps in the federal system when the impacts of violations are felt locally and are not treated as a high priority by the federal government.