20017 Code Enforcement

Find 20017 code enforcement offices. Code enforcement offices provide information on the enforcement, compliance, and violations of codes and laws, including fire codes, building codes, health codes, police codes, and zoning codes.

Hyattsville Code Enforcement 4310 Gallatin Street Hyattsville MD 20781 2.9 miles from 20017 301-985-5014

Takoma Park Code Enforcement 7500 Maple Avenue Takoma Park MD 20912 3.2 miles from 20017 301-891-7100

College Park Code Enforcement 4601 Calvert Road College Park MD 20740 4.1 miles from 20017 301-864-8877

Arlington County Code Enforcement 2100 North Clarendon Boulevard Arlington VA 22201 6.0 miles from 20017 703-228-3232

Greenbelt Code Enforcement 15 Crescent Road Greenbelt MD 20770 7.5 miles from 20017 301-345-5417

Alexandria Code Enforcement 301 King Street Alexandria VA 22314 9.6 miles from 20017 703-838-4900

Montgomery County Housing Code Enforcement 100 Maryland Avenue Rockville MD 20850 13.1 miles from 20017 240-777-3600

Rockville Code Enforcement 2 West Montgomery Avenue Rockville MD 20850 13.3 miles from 20017 240-314-8330

Gaithersburg Planning & Code Enforcement 31 South Summit Avenue Gaithersburg MD 20877 17.6 miles from 20017 301-258-6330

Fairfax City Code Enforcement 10455 Armstrong Street Fairfax VA 22030 18.3 miles from 20017 703-385-7830

Anne Arundel Planning & Code Enforcement 2664 Riva Road Annapolis MD 21401 23.3 miles from 20017 410-222-7450

Baltimore County Code Enforcement 111 West Chesapeake Avenue Baltimore MD 21204 38.0 miles from 20017 410-887-4032

Code Enforcement Offices Near Me

About Code Enforcement Offices

Can complaints about code violations be made anonymously?

Individuals are not required to identify themselves when making a complaint. However, if the complainant would like to be contacted by Code Enforcement officials regarding the status of an investigation, he or she would need to provide contact information.

Can Code Enforcement officials come onto private property without the owner's permission?

This depends on a number of factors. If the subject of the investigation is visible from public property, the Code Enforcement official will not need to come onto the owner's property. To enter a property, a Code Enforcement official will usually need either the owner's permission or an administrative warrant. State laws give Code Enforcement officials the right to go onto private property without an administrative warrant in certain emergency situations.

Is there an appeals process for owners who believe they have been wrongfully issued a violation?

Yes. In each location, a local board has been established in order to hear appeals filed by property owners. In some jurisdictions there is a time limit for filing an appeal. There may also be a fee for filing an appeal.