02053 Code Enforcement

Find 02053 code enforcement offices. Code enforcement offices provide information on the enforcement, compliance, and violations of codes and laws, including fire codes, building codes, health codes, police codes, and zoning codes.

Newton Housing Code Enforcement 492 Waltham Street Newton MA 02465 17.0 miles from 02053 617-552-7063

Central Falls Code Enforcement 580 Broad Street Central Falls RI 02863 18.7 miles from 02053 401-727-7460

Worcester Code Enforcement 25 Meade Street Worcester MA 01610 20.2 miles from 02053 508-799-8534

Fall River Code Enforcement 1 Government Center Fall River MA 02720 34.5 miles from 02053 508-324-2504

Lawrence Code Enforcement 200 Common Street Lawrence MA 01840 40.6 miles from 02053 978-620-3130

Nashua Code Enforcement 229 Main Street Nashua NH 03060 41.6 miles from 02053 603-589-3100

Haverhill Housing Code Enforcement 4 Summer Street Haverhill MA 01830 46.6 miles from 02053 978-374-2325

Merrimack Code Enforcement 6 Baboosic Lake Road Merrimack NH 03054 49.2 miles from 02053 603-424-3531

Derry Code Enforcement 14 Manning Street Derry NH 03038 50.4 miles from 02053 603-432-6148

Windham Housing Code Enforcement 979 Main Street Windham CT 06226 50.7 miles from 02053 860-465-3071

Hampstead Code Enforcement 11 Main Street Hampstead NH 03841 51.3 miles from 02053 603-329-5846

About Code Enforcement Offices

Can complaints about code violations be made anonymously?

Individuals are not required to identify themselves when making a complaint. However, if the complainant would like to be contacted by Code Enforcement officials regarding the status of an investigation, he or she would need to provide contact information.

Can Code Enforcement officials come onto private property without the owner's permission?

This depends on a number of factors. If the subject of the investigation is visible from public property, the Code Enforcement official will not need to come onto the owner's property. To enter a property, a Code Enforcement official will usually need either the owner's permission or an administrative warrant. State laws give Code Enforcement officials the right to go onto private property without an administrative warrant in certain emergency situations.

Is there an appeals process for owners who believe they have been wrongfully issued a violation?

Yes. In each location, a local board has been established in order to hear appeals filed by property owners. In some jurisdictions there is a time limit for filing an appeal. There may also be a fee for filing an appeal.