12750 Clerk Office

Find 12750 clerk offices, including county, city, and circuit clerks, and clerks of court. Clerks provide information on public court records and legal documents, criminal, jail, and arrest records, marriage licenses, divorce, judicial, and probate records, businesses liens, notary services, real estate taxes and voter registration services.

Hyde Park Town Clerk 4383 Albany Post Road Hyde Park NY 12538 53.2 miles from 12750 845-229-2103

Guilford Town Clerk 125 Marble Road Guilford NY 13780 53.3 miles from 12750 607-895-9966

Dutchess County Clerk 22 Market Street Poughkeepsie NY 12601 53.5 miles from 12750 845-486-2100

Tannersville Village Clerk 1 Park Lane Tannersville NY 12485 53.7 miles from 12750 518-589-5850

Broome County Clerk 44 Hawley Street Binghamton NY 13901 54.9 miles from 12750 607-778-2131

Broome County Clerk PO Box 1766 Binghamton NY 13902 54.9 miles from 12750 607-778-2130

Milford Town Clerk 2859 New York 28 Portlandville NY 13834 55.4 miles from 12750 607-286-9033

Poughkeepsie Town Clerk 17 Tucker Drive Arlington NY 12603 55.5 miles from 12750 845-485-3692

Clerk Offices Near Me

About Clerk Offices

What fees does a Clerk charge?

State law generally enables Clerks to recover a portion of their transactional costs, and some states regulate the fees that Clerks may charge. Most permits and licenses issued by Clerks carry a set fee. Land transaction filings typically carry a base fee plus an additional per page charge. It is common for Clerks to also charge a per page fee when providing copies of documents to the public.

Do Clerks collect taxes?

Clerks do not collect taxes. Tax collection is usually handled by a separate office established for that purpose. Some Clerk's Offices may accept tax payments as a convenience to the public.

What are the requirements to become a Clerk?

In some jurisdictions, the Clerk is an elected position, while in others the Clerk is appointed. Most Clerks have a college degree and at least some professional experience. Some counties and local governments require that the Clerk have or obtain a Certified Municipal Clerk designation.