23438 Child Support Office

Find 23438 child support offices, agency, enforcement, or division of child supportive services. Child support offices provide information on child support and custody laws, attorneys and lawyers, child support payments, collections, filings, and applications.

Ahoskie Child Support & Social Service Office 418 Everett Street Ahoskie NC 27910 26.2 miles from 23438 252-332-2913

Elizabeth City Child Support & Social Service Office 401 South Griffin Street Elizabeth NC 27909 32.3 miles from 23438 252-331-4811

Edenton Child Support & Social Service Office 1316 North Broad Street Edenton NC 27932 35.5 miles from 23438 252-482-9900

Virginia Beach Child Support & Social Service Office Pembroke 6 Ste 500 Virginia Beach VA 23462 39.7 miles from 23438 800-468-8894

Jackson Child Support & Social Service Office 9467 Highway 305 Jackson NC 27845 42.7 miles from 23438 252-534-0111

Plymouth Child Support & Social Service Office 209 East Main Street Plymouth NC 27962 49.5 miles from 23438 252-793-4041

Halifax Child Support & Social Service Office 4421 U.s. 301 Halifax NC 27839 51.9 miles from 23438 252-536-2511

About Child Support Offices

Do Child Support Offices provide services regarding child custody, visitation rights, or payment of alimony?

Child Support Offices typically do not get involved in child custody or visitation rights. In some cases, the Child Support Office may be involved in collection of alimony if it is included as part of the child support order.

Is there a fee for the services provided by Child Support Offices?

Clients that are on certain assistance programs, such as TANF or Medicaid, do not have to pay a fee for child support services. States are permitted to charge other clients a fee of up to $25 for child support services. In some states and counties, legal expenses and other charges may also be added to the fee.

Does a child support order remain in effect if the non-custodial parent moves to another state?

Yes. The Uniform Interstate Family Support Act establishes procedures for enforcing child support orders when a non-custodial parent lives out of state.