Chatom Sheriff Department

Find Chatom Alabama sheriff offices, departments, headquarters, jails, and detention centers. Sheriffs provide information on records, arrests, inmates, warrants, and mugshots.

Washington County Sheriff's Office PO Box 307 Chatom AL 36518 251-847-2202

Wayne County Sheriff's Office 613 Court Street Waynesboro MS 39367 27.7 miles from Chatom 601-735-2323

Clarke County Sheriff's Office 149 Clark Street Grove Hill AL 36451 32.1 miles from Chatom 251-275-8156

Choctaw County Sheriff's Office 117 South Mulberry Avenue Butler AL 36904 42.7 miles from Chatom 205-459-2166

George County Sheriff's Office 355 Cox Street Lucedale MS 39452 42.8 miles from Chatom 601-947-4811

Clarke County Sheriff's Office 444 W Donald St Quitman MS 39355 48.4 miles from Chatom 601-776-5252

Baldwin County Sheriff's Office 310 Hand Avenue Bay Minette AL 36507 49.0 miles from Chatom 251-937-0202

Perry County Sheriff's Office 103 1st Street New Augusta MS 39462 49.9 miles from Chatom 601-964-8461

Jones County Sheriff's Office 419 Yates Avenue Laurel MS 39440 54.3 miles from Chatom 601-425-3147

Monroe County Sheriff's Office 125 East Claiborne Street Monroeville AL 36460 54.6 miles from Chatom 251-575-2081

Sheriff Departments Near Me

About Sheriff Departments

Do Sheriff's Departments issue restraining orders?

No. Restraining orders must be obtained through attorneys and the courts. After a restraining order is issued, a Sheriff's Department will typically serve, maintain, and enforce the order.

What is the difference between a Sheriff and a Marshal?

A Sheriff is usually an elected official responsible for the Sheriff's Department and all of the duties associated with the office. Marshals tend to have a more limited scope of responsibilities, such as providing court security or issuing subpoenas and warrants. A U.S. Marshal is a federal officer responsible for the security of federal courts and numerous other duties including the witness protection program.

Does the Sheriff's Department issue photo identification to citizens?

Some, but not all, Sheriff's Departments offer this service. In many states, the Department of Motor Vehicles issues photo identification cards for non-drivers.