Carson City Public Works

Find Carson City Nevada departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Carson City Public Works 3505 Butti Way Carson City NV 89701 775-887-2355

Douglas County Public Works 1120 Airport Road Minden NV 89423 10.5 miles from Carson City 775-783-6480

Storey County Public Works 100 Toll Road Virginia City NV 89440 11.2 miles from Carson City 775-847-0958

South Lake Tahoe Public Works 1052 Tata Lane South Lake Tahoe CA 96150 21.8 miles from Carson City 530-542-6030

Reno Public Works 137 GIROUX St Reno NV 89502 26.1 miles from Carson City 775-785-1341

Sparks Public Works 215 South 21st Street Sparks NV 89431 26.3 miles from Carson City 775-353-2271

Truckee Public Works 10825 Pioneer Trail Truckee CA 96161 26.4 miles from Carson City 530-581-6238

Alpine County Public Works 50 Diamond Valley Road Markleeville CA 96120 26.7 miles from Carson City 530-694-2140

Yerington City Public Works 227 S Main St Yerington NV 89447 33.4 miles from Carson City 775-463-2729

Fernley City Public Works 595 Silverlace Boulevard Fernley NV 89408 41.3 miles from Carson City 775-784-9910

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.