San Mateo County Attorney General

Find San Mateo County California Attorney General, AG, OAG, State Attorney, and Solicitor General offices and locations. The office of the Attorney General provides information on state and federal government law enforcement, the department of justice, states attorney generals, marshals, orders and processes related to legal matters involving the United States government.

San Francisco County CA Attorney General 455 Golden Gate Avenue San Francisco CA 94102 25.4 miles from San Mateo County 415-882-0234

Alameda County CA Attorney General 1515 Clay Street Oakland CA 94612 27.6 miles from San Mateo County 510-622-2100

Sacramento County CA Attorney General 1300 I Street Sacramento CA 95814 93.8 miles from San Mateo County 916-445-9555

Nevada Attorney General Carson City Office 100 North Carson Street Carson City NV 89701 185.9 miles from San Mateo County 775-684-1100

Nevada Attorney General Reno Office 5420 Kietzke Lane Reno NV 89511 199.0 miles from San Mateo County 775-688-1818

Los Angeles County CA Attorney General 300 South Spring Street Los Angeles CA 90013 327.9 miles from San Mateo County 213-897-2000

Nevada Attorney General Las Vegas Office 555 East Washington Avenue Las Vegas NV 89101 409.3 miles from San Mateo County 702-486-3777

Oregon Attorney General 1162 Court Street Northeast Salem OR 97301 520.9 miles from San Mateo County 503-378-4400

Oregon Attorney General Consumer Related Matters 1162 Court Street Northeast Salem OR 97301 520.9 miles from San Mateo County 503-378-4320

Idaho Attorney General 700 West Jefferson Street Boise ID 83720 537.0 miles from San Mateo County 208-334-2400

Attorney Generals Near Me

About Attorney Generals

Can the Attorney General represent a private citizen in a legal matter?

Laws prohibit Attorneys General from representing private citizens. The Bar Association in most states will have a referral service for private citizens in need of an attorney.

Does the Attorney General handle complaints about local law enforcement agencies?

No. Complaints about a county or local law enforcement agency should be directed to the Police Chief, Sheriff, or the Internal Affairs division of that agency. If complaints go unresolved, they can be directed to the elected legislators or mayor in the case of a city or town, or to the county commissioners in a county.

Can the Attorney General's Office help me with questions about child support?

In many states, the Attorney General's Office represents the state agency for child support enforcement in certain proceedings. These states typically have a toll free number to call or website to visit for information on how to obtain help with child support issues.