Los Angeles County Public Works

Find Los Angeles County California departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Agoura Hills Public Works 30101 Agoura Court Agoura Hills CA 91301 818-597-7338

Alhambra Public Works 111 South 1st Street Alhambra CA 91801 626-570-5068

Artesia Public Works 18747 Clarkdale Avenue Artesia CA 90701 562-865-6262

Avalon City Public Works 410 Avalon Canyon Road Avalon CA 90704 310-510-0220

Azusa Public Works 809 North Angeleno Avenue Azusa CA 91702 626-812-5254

Baldwin Park Public Works 14747 Ramona Boulevard Baldwin Park CA 91706 626-338-9509

Bell Gardens Public Works 8327 Garfield Ave Bell Gardens CA 90201 562-806-7770

Bellflower Public Works 16600 Civic Center Drive Bellflower CA 90706 562-804-1424

Beverly Hills Public Works 345 Foothill Road Beverly Hills CA 90210 310-285-2467

Burbank Public Works 150 North 3rd Street Burbank CA 91502 818-238-3930

Calabasas City Public Works 100 Civic Center Way Calabasas CA 91302 818-224-1600

Carson Public Works 2390 East Dominguez Street Carson CA 90810 310-847-3520

Commerce Public Works 2535 Commerce Way Commerce CA 90040 323-722-4805

Compton Public Works 205 South Willowbrook Avenue Compton CA 90220 310-605-5691

Covina Public Works 534 Barranca Avenue Covina CA 91723 626-858-7294

Covina Public Works 125 East College Street Covina CA 91723 626-384-5230

Culver City Public Works 9770 Culver Boulevard Culver CA 90232 310-253-5635

Downey Public Works 7850 Quill Dr Downey CA 90242 562-904-7195

El Monte Public Works 11333 Valley Boulevard El Monte CA 91731 626-580-2056

Glendale Public Works 633 East Broadway Glendale CA 91206 818-548-3900

Public Works Near Me

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.