Contra Costa County Court

Find Contra Costa County California courts and courthouses, such as federal, state, district, superior, criminal, common, circuit, judicial, judiciary, divorce, appeals, family, traffic, and small claims courts. Courts provide information on legal cases, law documents, case searches, and appeals.

Concord Superior Court 2970 Willow Pass Road Concord CA 94519 925-646-5404

Martinez Juvenile Court 202 Glacier Drive Martinez CA 94553 925-957-2700

Martinez Superior Court 725 Court Street Martinez CA 94553

Martinez Traffic Court 1020 Ward Street Martinez CA 94553

Pittsburg Superior Court 45 Civic Avenue Pittsburg CA 94565 925-427-8170

Richmond Superior Court 100 37th Street Richmond CA 94805 510-374-3171

Walnut Creek Superior Court 640 Ygnacio Valley Road Walnut Creek CA 94596 925-646-6572

Courts Near Me

About Courts

How do I file a small claims suit?

The process and rules for filing a small claims suit vary from state to state with regard to the dollar limit for small claims, the statute of limitations for filing a claim, and whether you are allowed to be represented by a lawyer. Contact the court that handles small claims in your state for details on the process for filing a claim and to obtain the proper forms.

Are there fees for filing a small claims suit?

Filing fees are generally between $30 and $100. In addition to filing fees, other costs may include service fees for serving the complaint to the defendant and collection fees if the court assists in collecting the judgment.

What is mediation?

Mediation is an alternative to going before a judge in a suit. Many small claims courts sponsor or make referrals to mediation programs where the plaintiff and defendant meet with a neutral third person to help resolve the dispute without going to court.