Bucks Public Works

Find Bucks Alabama departments of public works or DPW. Public works departments provide information on public projects, maintenance of parks, buildings, roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, traffic signals, snow removal, public utilities, water treatment and sewage.

Semmes Public Works 3940 Illinois Street Semmes AL 36575 21.6 miles from Bucks 251-649-5752

Mobile City Public Works 770 Gayle Street Mobile AL 36604 23.9 miles from Bucks 251-208-2900

Mobile County Public Works 1150 Schillinger Road Mobile AL 36608 24.0 miles from Bucks 251-574-8595

Robertsdale Public Works 22650 East Chicago Street Robertsdale AL 36567 37.1 miles from Bucks 251-947-8950

Moss Point Public Works 4412 Welch Avenue Moss Point MS 39563 51.8 miles from Bucks 228-475-1151

Gulf Shores Public Works 3190 Airport Drive Gulf Shores AL 36542 54.5 miles from Bucks 251-967-1445

Gulf Shores Public Works 1905 West 1st Street Gulf Shores AL 36542 55.3 miles from Bucks 251-968-1156

About Public Works

Does Public Works charge for services?

Some Public Works operations, such as maintenance of roads, parks and public facilities are typically funded through general taxation. Other services such as trash collection, water service and sewer service may be funded by user fees. Fees for trash collection may be a flat monthly service fee, or may be based on volume of trash collected.

Who is responsible for maintaining sidewalks?

The specifics vary from one jurisdiction to the next. Typically, the Public Works Department installs new sidewalks and replaces old sidewalks in accordance with a replacement schedule. Most state statutes and local ordinances place responsibility for maintenance of sidewalks with the property owner. In addition to repairs for sidewalks, property owners are almost always responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and obstructions.

Can I get a stop sign installed on my street?

In most jurisdictions, a request for a stop sign may be made through the Public Works Department's engineering or roads maintenance division. The location is usually investigated and studied to determine if a stop sign is warranted and meets any applicable state guidelines for traffic control devices.