Auburn Town & City Hall

Find Auburn Washington town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

Auburn City Hall 25 West Main Street Auburn WA 98001 253-931-3043

About Auburn Town & City Halls

An Auburn Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in Auburn, WA. It is the location where the proceedings of the Auburn legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in Auburn.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • Auburn Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local Auburn politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
Auburn Public Records

Town and City Halls in Auburn can provide free public records upon request. These records include Auburn marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. Auburn birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in Auburn include local elections and voter records, Court records, Auburn property tax assessments and real estate records.

Auburn Town and City Councils

Auburn City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the Auburn public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in Auburn, Washington. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the Auburn Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in Auburn, WA

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the Auburn City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the Auburn Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the Auburn Clerk's Office, Auburn Tax Collector, and Auburn Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as Auburn Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.