Walker County Town & City Hall

Find Walker County Alabama town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

Dora City Hall 1485 Sharon Boulevard Dora AL 35062 205-648-3211

Eldridge Town Hall 208 Smothers Avenue Eldridge AL 35554 205-924-4383

Jasper City Hall 400 19th Street West Jasper AL 35501 205-221-2100

Nauvoo Town Hall 176 McDaniel Road Nauvoo AL 35578 205-697-5890

Oakman City Hall 8236 MARKET St Oakman AL 35579 205-622-3232

Sipsey City Hall 3835 Sipsey Road Jasper AL 35504 205-648-8754

Sumiton City Hall 416 State Street Sumiton AL 35148 205-648-3294

West Jefferson Town Hall 7076 West Jefferson Road Quinton AL 35130 205-674-3219

About Walker County Town & City Halls

A Walker County Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in Walker County, AL. It is the location where the proceedings of the Walker County legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in Walker County.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • Walker County Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local Walker County politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
Walker County Public Records

Town and City Halls in Walker County can provide free public records upon request. These records include Walker County marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. Walker County birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in Walker County include local elections and voter records, Walker County Court records, Walker County property tax assessments and real estate records.

Walker County Town and City Councils

Walker County City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the Walker County public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in Walker County, Alabama. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the Walker County Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in Walker County, AL

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the Walker County City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the Walker County Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the Walker County Clerk's Office, Walker County Tax Collector, and Walker County Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as Walker County Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.