Randolph County Town & City Hall

Find Randolph County Alabama town & city halls. Town and city halls provide information on government agencies, boards, commissions, committees, departments, and elected officials.

Wedowee City Hall 24 North Main Street Wedowee AL 36278 256-357-2122

About Randolph County Town & City Halls

A Randolph County Town or City Hall is a building that serves as the focal point of government activity for a town or city in Randolph County, AL. It is the location where the proceedings of the Randolph County legislative body take place and usually houses the central offices for the executive and administrative functions of the government. Depending on the size of the building, some municipal functions, and a number of citizen services may operate out of a Town or City Hall in Randolph County.

You may contact Town & City Halls for questions about:
  • Randolph County Public records
  • Marriage licenses and certificates
  • Town and City government offices
  • Local Randolph County politics
  • Voter poll locations and election procedures
Randolph County Public Records

Town and City Halls in Randolph County can provide free public records upon request. These records include Randolph County marriage licenses and certificate copies, as well as a variety of other historical and vital records. Randolph County birth and death records, marriage and divorce records can be obtained from Town and City Halls. Other public records that may be obtained in Randolph County include local elections and voter records, Randolph County Court records, Randolph County property tax assessments and real estate records.

Randolph County Town and City Councils

Randolph County City Halls and Town Halls have a chamber where public meetings of the Town Council, City Council, or other elected legislative body take place. The chambers are set up to allow for discussion among Council members and executive and administrative officers, as well as members of the Randolph County public interested in addressing the Council. Audience seating is available for members of the public and the media to observe public meetings in Randolph County, Alabama. City or Town Halls are also equipped with telecommunications equipment to allow for taping and televising of public meetings. Other elected and appointed boards and commissions, such as the Randolph County Planning and Zoning Commissions, may also use the chambers for their meetings, particularly if members of the public or media attend the meetings.

Government Offices in Randolph County, AL

The office of the chief executive or administrative official, such as the Randolph County City or Town Manager, is located in Town or City Hall. Depending on the size of the building and how the departments are organized, other administrative functions may also be located in Town or City Hall, such as the Randolph County Finance Department or Human Resources. Many of the operating departments that have direct interaction with citizens are located in Town or City Hall, including the Randolph County Clerk's Office, Randolph County Tax Collector, and Randolph County Building Inspector. Departments that have extensive or specialized space requirements, such as Randolph County Police Department, Fire Department, Public Library, and Public Works, tend to be located in separate stand-alone facilities.