Colleges in Jefferson County, Alabama

There are 21 Colleges in Jefferson County, Alabama, serving a population of 659,460 people in an area of 1,111 square miles. There is 1 College per 31,402 people, and 1 College per 52 square miles.

In Alabama, Jefferson County is ranked 20th of 67 counties in Colleges per capita, and 1st of 67 counties in Colleges per square mile.

List of Jefferson County Colleges

Find Jefferson County, Alabama colleges and universities, such as state, community, public, and private colleges, universities, and technical schools.

Alabama State College Of Barber Styling 753 Main Street Gardendale, AL

Alabama State College-Barber 753 Main Street Gardendale, AL

Birmingham Southern College 900 Arkadelphia Road Birmingham, AL

Brown Mackie College-Birmingham 105 Vulcan Road Birmingham, AL

Fortis Institute-Birmingham 100 London Parkway Birmingham, AL

Herzing University-Birmingham 280 West Valley Avenue Birmingham, AL

ITT Technical Institute - Bessemer Campus 6270 Park South Drive Bessemer, AL

Jefferson State Community College 2601 Carson Road Birmingham, AL

Lawson State Community College-Birmingham Campus 3060 Wilson Road Southwest Birmingham, AL

Midfield Institute Of Cosmetology 26B Phillips Dr Birmingham, AL

Miles College 5500 Myron Massey Boulevard Fairfield, AL

Paul Mitchell The School-Birmingham 1694 Montgomery Highway Hoover, AL

Regency Beauty Institute-Hoover 1775 Montgomery Highway Hoover, AL

Samford University 800 Lakeshore Drive Birmingham, AL

Southeastern School Of Cosmetology 3112 Ensley 5 Points West Avenue Birmingham, AL

Southeastern School of Cosmetology 849 Dennison Avenue Southwest Birmingham, AL

Strayer University-Alabama 3570 Grandview Parkway Birmingham, AL

University Of Alabama At Birmingham 701 20th Street South Birmingham, AL

University Of Phoenix-Alabama 8 Perimeter Park South Birmingham, AL

University of Alabama at Birmingham 1720 2nd Avenue South Birmingham, AL

Virginia College-Birmingham 488 Palisades Boulevard Birmingham, AL

About Jefferson County Colleges

Jefferson County Colleges are institutions that offer post-secondary education through a range of degree or vocational programs in Jefferson County, AL. Although there are distinctions between the two, the term College in the United States is typically used to refer to both Colleges and Universities. The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) reports that there are more than 4,700 post-secondary degree-granting institutions in the U.S.

You may contact Colleges & Universities for questions about:
  • Jefferson County Public and Private Colleges
  • College admissions and applications
  • Tuition, financial aid, and scholarships
  • Associates degrees, Bachelor's degrees, Master's degrees, Doctoral degrees, and certificate programs
  • ACT and SAT score requirements

Jefferson County College Statistics

Find Jefferson County College Enrollment, Educational Attainment (Age 25+), and Field of Bachelor's Degree for 1st Major. Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau; American Community Survey, 2018 ACS 5-Year Estimates.

Jefferson County College Enrollment
 Jefferson CountyAlabama
College/Grad School Enrollment44,270 (26.8%)308,205 (26.1%)
Jefferson County Educational Attainment (Age 25+)
 Jefferson CountyAlabama
Some College, No Degree100,061 (22.3%)713,655 (21.6%)
Associate's Degree37,147 (8.3%)273,493 (8.3%)
Bachelor's Degree88,777 (19.8%)515,443 (15.6%)
Graduate/Professional Degree56,685 (12.6%)307,152 (9.3%)
Jefferson County Field of Bachelor's Degree for 1st Major
 Jefferson CountyAlabama
Bachelor's Degree, or Higher145,462822,595
Arts, Humanities & Others32,806 (22.6%)163,488 (19.9%)
Business37,520 (25.8%)192,377 (23.4%)
Education18,793 (12.9%)138,785 (16.9%)
Science & Engineering41,059 (28.2%)240,667 (29.3%)
Science & Engineering Related Fields15,284 (10.5%)87,278 (10.6%)