Snohomish County Building Department

Find Snohomish County Washington building departments, planning, permits, zoning, and inspections. Building Departments provide information on certificates of occupancy (CO), building codes, construction codes, inspections, safety, violations, permits, community planning, zoning laws, regulations, ordinances, maps, and land use.

Arlington Planning and Zoning Department 238 North Olympic Avenue Arlington WA 98223 360-403-3434

Everett Building Department 3200 Cedar Street Everett WA 98201 425-257-8810

Everett Building Department 3000 Rockefeller Avenue Everett WA 98201 425-388-3111

Lynnwood Building Department 19100 44th Avenue West Lynnwood WA 98036 425-670-6290

Lynnwood Building Permits 4114 198th Street Southwest Lynnwood WA 98036 425-670-5400

Lynnwood Planning Department 19100 44th Avenue West Lynnwood WA 98036 425-670-6645

Marysville Zoning 80 Columbia Avenue Marysville WA 98270 360-363-8100

Monroe Permits and Planning Department 806 West Main Street Monroe WA 98272 360-794-7400

Mukilteo Permits 11930 Cyrus Way Mukilteo WA 98275 425-355-4141

Stanwood Planning Department 10220 270th Street Northwest Stanwood WA 98292 360-629-4577

What is a Building Department?

Building departments provide property owners with information about certificates of occupancy and construction codes. They also manage land use and help create zoning laws. General contractors work with these departments to get permits for construction projects. Local building departments conduct inspections to ensure that occupancy limits, safety rules, and building codes are met.

They monitor building code violations and help enforce building-related laws. When building departments become involved in enforcing safety regulations, the cited residential or commercial property owners are required to make the mandated changes to their properties. Building departments help improve property values through better planning of real estate developments. They keep and regularly update property maps that show neighborhoods as well as commercial and residential development zones. They're also responsible for reviewing, approving or denying all permits for building additions and new construction.