16037 Social Services

Find 16037 departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Beaver County Social Service Department 246 Friendship Circle Beaver PA 15009 13.8 miles from 16037 724-773-5241

Allegheny County Social Service Department 1 Smithfield Street Pittsburgh PA 15222 28.9 miles from 16037 412-350-5701

Weirton City Social Service Department 927 Edna Street Weirton WV 26062 38.3 miles from 16037 304-797-8570

Jefferson County Social Service Department 125 South 5th Street Steubenville OH 43952 41.9 miles from 16037 740-282-0961

Washington County Social Service Department 36 Old Hickory Ridge Rd Washington PA 15301 44.0 miles from 16037 724-223-7184

Carroll County Social Service Department 95 East Main Street Carrollton OH 44615 53.2 miles from 16037 330-627-7313

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.