15688 Social Services

Find 15688 departments of social services, DSS, DPSS, and human services. Departments of social services provide information on food stamps, public assistance, welfare, housing, healthcare, emergency assistance, and child services.

Allegheny County Social Service Department 1 Smithfield Street Pittsburgh PA 15222 28.7 miles from 15688 412-350-5701

Washington County Social Service Department 36 Old Hickory Ridge Rd Washington PA 15301 35.4 miles from 15688 724-223-7184

Monongolia County Social Service Department 453 Van Voorhis Road Morgantown WV 26505 40.9 miles from 15688 304-598-5105

Garrett County Social Service Department 12578 Garrett Highway Oakland MD 21550 52.6 miles from 15688 301-533-3000

Beaver County Social Service Department 246 Friendship Circle Beaver PA 15009 53.9 miles from 15688 724-773-5241

Weirton City Social Service Department 927 Edna Street Weirton WV 26062 54.5 miles from 15688 304-797-8570

About Social Services

Who is eligible for Social Services?

Eligibility varies depending on the type of program and the state, county, or local agency. Many programs are based on income and available only to households below a certain income threshold. Other programs may be targeted for specific groups, such as children, the elderly, or people with disabilities.

How do Social Services Departments verify eligibility for programs?

Participation in income-based programs typically requires applicants to provide pay stubs to verify income. Bank statements, tax returns, Social Security benefit letters, and similar documents may also be required. Verification of eligibility for other programs depends on the nature of the service, and the required documentation may include letters from health providers, heating or utility bills, rent or mortgage payments.

What are the requirements for working at a Social Services Department?

Social Workers are among the most common positions in Social Services Departments. Most Social Workers have a Bachelors of Social Work (BSW) degree, though many positions require a Masters of Social Work (MSW). Some form of licensing or certification is required in almost every state. In some cases, several years of supervised work may be part of the licensing process.