Minnesota WIC Office

Find Minnesota WIC Offices, programs, clinics, and benefits. WIC Offices provide information on WIC program (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children) applications and income/eligibility requirements, benefits, food stamp offices and checks, jobs, online education and classes, approved food lists, grocery stores and vendors.

What does a WIC Office do?

WIC offices administer government food programs. WIC, short for Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, disburses nutritional benefits and other relevant services to low-income pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants up to 12 months, and children up to 5 years. Benefits are distributed on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, which is used as a debit card to purchase WIC food items including breakfast cereal, eggs, milk, juice, tofu, whole grains, and soy milk. The WIC program also provides anemia screening and immunization appointments for children and keeps immunization records on file.

Commonly asked questions about WIC Offices

Where can I find the nearest WIC Office?

WIC is a government program, so it's usually found within the Social Security office in your local town or city. The program is similar to SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and may be found in the same office. However, be sure to check beforehand since sometimes these programs may be located in different buildings. A brief search of this site will show the nearest WIC office.

What are the eligibility requirements for WIC?

To qualify for WIC, you must meet three main requirements. First, you must be a pregnant or breastfeeding mother, an infant up to one year of age, or a child up to 5 years of age. Your income level must be below the federal poverty line, and you must be a resident of the state where you're applying for benefits. And, applicants must prove they're at nutritional risk. This can be done by showing appropriate documentation from a health professional.

Can I lend or give my WIC EBT card to another person?

No. An EBT card is intended solely for purchases by the holder of the card, barring a special arrangement with the WIC office to allow another person to purchase your groceries, such as for a disabled recipient. Otherwise, it's illegal to lend your card to someone else or sell your benefits for money. Your WIC caseworker will inform you of your rights and responsibilities during the application process at the WIC office.