06389 IRS Office

Find 06389 IRS or internal revenue service offices, locations, and service centers. IRS offices provide information on tax refund and return numbers, tax forms, US tax laws, filing taxes, and debt forgiveness.

New London Connecticut IRS Office 2 Howard Street New London CT 06320 15.4 miles from 06389 860-439-7963

Hartford Connecticut IRS Office 135 High Street Hartford CT 06103 31.8 miles from 06389 860-756-4505

Warwick Rhode Island IRS Office 60 Quaker Lane Warwick RI 02886 33.7 miles from 06389 401-826-4797

Providence Rhode Island IRS Office 380 Westminster Street Providence RI 02903 40.9 miles from 06389 401-525-4282

Springfield Massachusetts IRS Office 1550 Main Street Springfield MA 01103 44.2 miles from 06389 413-788-0284

New Haven Connecticut IRS Office 150 Court Street New Haven CT 06510 44.9 miles from 06389 203-781-3195

Waterbury Connecticut IRS Office 14 Cottage Place Waterbury CT 06702 47.2 miles from 06389 203-596-4727

Worcester Massachusetts IRS Office 120 Front Street Worcester MA 01608 51.1 miles from 06389 508-793-8227

Riverhead New York IRS Office 518 East Main Street Riverhead NY 11901 52.3 miles from 06389 631-851-4726

About IRS Offices

Does the IRS set tax rates?

No. The IRS interprets, implements, and enforces the tax laws and rates that are adopted by the U.S. Congress and signed by the President. As part of the implementation of tax law, the IRS publishes the annual rate schedule listing the tax rate for each income bracket.

What is "Where's my refund?"

"Where's my refund?" is an online tool offered by the IRS that allows taxpayers to check the status of their tax refund. In order to use the tool, a taxpayer must enter their Social Security number, filing status, and the exact amount of the refund as shown on the tax return.

What should I do if I made a mistake on my tax filing?

It depends on the type of mistake. IRS employees can correct mathematical mistakes without the need to file an amended return. Mistakes in filing status, deductions, income, or credits require an amended return. The amended return should be filed using Form 1040X.