05824 College

Find 05824 colleges and universities, such as state, community, public, and private colleges, universities, and technical schools. Colleges and universities provide information on degree programs, such as associate degrees, bachelor degrees, masters degrees, doctorate degrees, and trade certifications, college applications, financial aid, tuition, and student alumni resources.

Lyndon State College 1001 College Road Lyndon VT 05851 11.9 miles from 05824 802-626-6413

Sterling College 16 Sterling Drive Craftsbury VT 05826 31.1 miles from 05824 802-586-7711

Goddard College 123 Pitkin Road Plainfield VT 05667 32.1 miles from 05824 802-454-8311

White Mountains Community College 2020 Riverside Drive Berlin NH 03570 33.2 miles from 05824 603-752-1113

New England Culinary Institute 56 College Street Montpelier VT 05602 38.7 miles from 05824 877-223-6324

Vermont College of Fine Arts 36 College Street Montpelier VT 05602 38.8 miles from 05824 802-828-8600

Vermont State Colleges-Office of the Chancellor 575 Stone Cutters Way Montpelier VT 05602 39.0 miles from 05824 802-224-3000

Johnson State College 337 College Hill Road Johnson VT 05656 43.9 miles from 05824 802-635-2356

Plymouth State University 17 High Street Plymouth NH 03264 47.6 miles from 05824 603-535-5000

Vermont Technical College 1 Main St Randolph Center VT 05061 51.8 miles from 05824 802-728-1000

Vermont Law School 164 Chelsea Street South Royalton VT 05068 54.9 miles from 05824 802-831-1000

Dartmouth College 207 Parkhurst Hall Hanover NH 03755 54.9 miles from 05824 603-646-1110

About Colleges

Are there requirements for a College to be considered a University?

College and University are often used interchangeably, but they are distinct terms. Generally, a University must offer a minimum number of graduate programs, which must be separate from the undergraduate programs. The institution must also have an administrative structure for managing graduate programs. A University is typically organized into several Colleges, such as the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Engineering, or the College of Music.

Are accrediting authorities run by the government?

No. Accrediting authorities are independent organizations that are not government agencies. Although the government does not accredit Colleges, the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) does recognize accrediting agencies. Recognition by the USDOE confers a degree of credibility to an accrediting agency.

What is a Technical College?

Technical Colleges tend to emphasize skill development and credentials that prepare students for a specific field or industry. Common fields of study in Technical Colleges include the sciences, engineering, and information technology.